Tuesday 24 April 2012

A Fantastic Fear of Everything - Mock poster idea


Having seen the recent trailer for Crispian 'Kula Shaker' Mills' debut movie, starring Simon Pegg, I thought I might try my hand at putting together a little poster idea.

Obviously it was a little bit of a challenge as I know nothing about any specific plot details and simply went on the brilliantly kooky tone of the trailer.

A Laundrette seemed to figure quite prominently, as did a paranoid looking Pegg sporting some mad hair, wearing a massive duffel coat. For some reason I instantly thought of Edvard Munch's 'The Scream' and the rest followed....

...I also gleaned from the trailer a sense of  a surreal non-reality merging with reality hence the 'real' crack in the wall filtering through into the painting. Throw in some 60's/70's style wallpaper to match some of the look of the movie and this is how it all ended up...

I had the honour of Simon Pegg mentioning it on Twitter too, saying;

"I fear this is a fantastic A Fantastic Fear of Everything poster from @DarkBunnyTees http://j.mp/JkONDF. Would make a great t-shirt!"

..Could be a hint in that.

I am led to believe that Crispian Mills has seen it too and loves it. Now that IS surreal.

A Fantastic Fear of Everything is released on June 8th 2012

If you have not seen the trailer, you can check it out here....